Real people. Real life. Real dance.
Thank you for supporting BIODANCE! To make a tax-deductible contribution to support our creative endeavors, please visit our Contributions Page.
- OPEN Creative Rehearsals with BIODANCE and Guest Choreographer Chase Angier in May. Check the BIODANCE Facebook page for Details or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This project is supported by the New York State Council on the Arts and administered by the Arts and Cultural Council of Greater Rochester
- May 18 - BIODANCE performs in Rochester Dance Project's Showcase at Tango Cafe, 8pm.
- FABO COLLABO 2013, June 8 at 8pm and June 9 at 4pm at School of the Arts (45 Prince St. Rochester, NY). Join BIODANCE, Bill Evans Dance Company, Futurpointe Dance and Geomantics Dance Theatre for this fabulous collaboration! Online tickets are available in advance $20 (general admission) and $10 (students) at http://fabocollabo.brownpapertickets.com. Tickets are also available at the door - $25 (general admission) $15 (students/children).
- Benefit for the Friendly Home, June 8, Harrow East
- On Tuesday, March 5, Missy Pfohl Smith will be performing in pianist Allison D'Amato's Eastman School of Music Faculty Recital along with vocalist Abra Bush. This collaboration will premiere at Hatch Hall at 8pm. Tickets are available at the door one hour before concert time and are $10 for the general public; UR ID holders are admitted free. http://www.esm.rochester.edu/news/2013/01/eastman-faculty-recitals-give-audiences-chance-to-hear-renowned-artists-on-local-stage/
- Vision of Sound, March 30 (Carrier Theater, Syracuse), April 6 (Hochstein, Rochester), April 7, 2013 (Hamilton College), and April 13 (NYC)
- November 30, 2012: BIODANCE 5th Anniversary Season: No Dancing Allowed
at Hochstein Performance Hall, 8pm. Featuring a reprise of the popularly acclaimed Liebeslieder in collaboration with RESONANZ and the Rochester premiere of No Dancing Allowed, both choreographed by Missy Pfohl Smith. This concert will also introduce the choreographic voices of several of the dancers of BIODANCE with three premieres! Join us to see the choreography of Missy Pfohl Smith, Courtney World, Eran Hanlon and Laura Regna, the visual art of Allen C. Topolski and the voices of Resonanz led by Eric Townell.
- Wednesday, November 7, 2012: Arts and Cultural Council of Greater Rochester Annual Awards Luncheon; BIODANCE performs with Sound ExChange in celebration of University of Rochester's Organization Award. Congrats UR!
- Tuesday, October 2, 2012: Mason Gross School of the Arts, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ. Three performances of BIODANCE repertory at 2:15, 3:35 and 5:30pm.
- Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012: DUMBO Dance Festival, White Wave John Ryan Theater, 25 Jay St. Brooklyn, NY 11201, 6pm. BIODANCE performs "I.T." (2009) with video by Jesse Spielman, music my Mark Olivieri, and dancers Eran David P. Hanlon, Alaina Olivieri, Missy Pfohl Smith and Courtney World.
BIODANCE is offering movement workshops at the Senior Center at Community Place in the 2012-13 and 2013-14 Seasons.
BIODANCE donated a performance to benefit the Smith Opera House in Geneva, NY on July 16. The Musselman Arts Triathlon was fantastically fun for us!
Recent BIODANCE activity has supported Haiti relief, AIDS research/education and families in need.
OPEN TECHNIQUE CLASS
BIODANCE periodically opens its company technique class on many Monday nights at 6:30pm at Kinections, 718 University (entrance on Atlantic Ave.), Rochester, NY. $5 per class, walk-ins welcome, but please email first to confirm class (email@example.com) as sometimes rehearsals interrupt.
Recent Events >> Past Events >>
© Copyright 2004-2013 - Biodance